We girls love to have smooth skin and are constantly looking for options that can help us get that shiny skin with a process and tools like shavers that are known to work. And it’s totally alright if you have ever used a men’s electric shaver to get rid of hair. Many of the girls in our team admitted to using their husband’s electric shaver to get rid of hair. If you are looking out to get the best electric shaver for Women legs or bikini then we’re here to help.
You may have multiple questions regarding choosing the best men’s electric shaver for women’s legs and we have covered all your questions and queries, so by the time to finish reading our comprehensive guide on choosing the best shaver, you will feel confident and pick up the right shaver for yourself.
Top 10 Electric Razors For Women in 2020 Reviewed
1. Braun Silk Epil 5 5280 Legs and Body Epilator
Braun is a reputed name when it comes to manufacturing electronic goods and the Silk 5280 Epilator is no exception to that rule. This is a very handy razor equipped with the necessary paraphernalia to give the cleanest, closest shaves to legs and other body parts. The mouth of the razor is equipped with 40 closely placed tweezers teeth that make way for a great shaving experience.
The beauty of this razor is that it is equipped with massage rollers along with cooling gloves. This is a great combination as it ensures that your hair removal experience is devoid of any pain and discomfort. You can shave through any region on your body with this razor and you will feel smooth after the operation. You can also effectively run this machine under running water. This is a great way to keep your shaving hygienic as well as keep this device clean at all times.
The overall design of a razor plays a huge role in how it functions. As far as the Braun Epil 5280 is concerned it features an ergonomic design. This means that you have a superior grip on this razor unit such that it never slips off and gives you a comfortable shave. The good grip also ensures that you easily reach the far to reach corners and have the smoothest of all shaves every single time.
- The tweezers are very efficient such that after every shaving operation you can go about 4 weeks without having to shave again.
- This equipment is loaded with cooling gloves and massage rollers that make way for a very comfortable shaving experience.
- You will have difficulty with ingrown hairs if you are using this device.
2. Braun Silk Epil Shaver LS5160WD
The Braun LS5160WD has optimized price and functionality to a great extent. In other words, this is one of the best razors that you can opt for at such a great price range. It is loaded with an array of functions such that it becomes your favorite cleansing tool in a short while.
The LS5160WD has a very simple and neat design. This is because they paid much more attention to what the razor is going to perform. You can run this tool both in wet as well as in dry conditions. This ensures that you can easily clean this device after every use. It is also loaded with an OptiShave feature that enhances the precision of your shaving.
The tool has a rounded head with closely spaced trimmer tips that ensure a very fine and close shave. It can take up the contour of different body parts easily and gives a clean result. Yu will also find an exfoliation tool that can be attached to this device. It makes way for getting rid of all those dead cells and preserves your natural glow easily.
- The LS5160WD is loaded with an amazing bikini trimmer function that gives you an excellent shaving experience.
- Shaver equipped with a rounded head to match into all types of body contour.
- This is a cordless trimmer and so you can have a smoother shaving experience as you easily access any body part without getting entwined in wires.
- You may be left with uneven shaving on different parts with this tool.
3. Braun Silk Epil 9 9-579 Women’s Epilator
Braun does make amazing electronic goods and thus its name keeps on appearing here and there. The series 9 women’s razors are the latest from the house of Braun and they have maintained their good name with this razor. It features a similarly ergonomic design like other Braun shavers and this makes it very easy to use.
Read about the Top 5 Best Braun Epilators of 2020.
The shaver comprises Micro grip tweezers. This is a new addition and it has enhanced the shaving experience. Once you have shaved using this tool you can go 4 weeks without even having to think of shaving again. The new feature also makes this shaving tool more effective by about 3 times when compared to waxing.
Since this is a cordless shaver that runs on batteries, you can easily access different body parts. The problem of the wire being too short or you getting trapped in it is obliterated. The shaver is made so that it can function in both wet and dry modes. This makes way for a comfortable as well as hygienic shaving experience. When you are buying a Braun razor you always get a collection of added accessories that give you an overall great cleansing experience.
- The shaver is ergonomically designed and is loaded with fast charging options making it a highly effective tool.
- The shaving tool is incorporated with a Smart Light feature that takes care of even the smallest bit of hair on your body.
- When you are using the razor, it will pulsate and vibrate which gives way to a highly comfortable experience.
- The shaving tool has no hair collection chamber and thus makes way for a very messy affair.
4. Skull Shaver Butterfly Pro Shaver Pink 5H
The Butterfly Pro 5H is a very basic shaving tool designed for use by women. It features a somewhat innovative design aspect. There are five rotary blades that get the job done and on top of it there is a rounded handle that requires your entire palm. If you have seen mushrooms then you will understand what this shaving tool looks like.
The design of this shaver is indeed unique; however, its functions are quite good. The 5 rotary blades are quite a great way to get rid of your bodily hair. It is designed so that it can access those inaccessible contours upon your body without much ado.
Be it your armpits or your legs, this shaver can easily take the shape of your body part and give it a good, close shaving experience. The shaving tool does not come with any added equipment and is crafted solely for shaving. However, it is quite affordable and is a great tool for the price that you are paying for it.
- Rotary blades are a lovely alternative to the tweezers like blades to get your shaving operations done.
- It is a very basic tool that can easily get a job done and hence a very suitable tool for beginners.
- The only thing not good about this product is that you do not get any added paraphernalia to aid you in your cleansing needs.
5. Philips Norelco PQ208/40 Travel Electric Shaver, Wet & Dry
Philips has consistently put out some of the best grooming products in the market, and the Norelco Electric Shaver is no exception in this regard. Most women prefer a foil style electric razor, and there are plenty of good ones in the market. But if you like a rotary style shaver, Philips Norelco Shaver is your best bet. A rotary shaver like this one works by using floating heads that grasp and remove hair. Many people find it more comfortable than a foil shaver, and if you haven’t yet given it a try, it is highly recommended.
Not only does the shaver provide a fantastically close shave, it also includes a cleaning system. This system keeps the shaver charged, the blades clean, and the rotary system lubricated, so that you can get a clean and close shave every day. Norelco also comes highly recommended for both wet and dry shaves because of the fantastic cleaning system it employs.
Some other excellent features of this shaver include 3 rotary heads that can adjust to the contours of your legs with extreme ease and give you a consistently close shave, a turbo mode that will help you shave 10 times faster, and cordless charging system that allows the shaver to be charged within 45 minutes.
- The shaver can be used for both wet and dry shaving.
- It has 5-direction Flex Heads that can adjust to the curves of your legs easily.
- It has a SmartClean system that can clean and lubricate the shaver.
- LED display indicator is helpful in showing when it is time to charge the shaver.
- The product is priced quite high.
6. Wahl Lifeproof Lithium Ion Foil Shaver
Powerful and extremely convenient, this shaver will stand the test of time and stay with you for a lifetime. Made by a prestigious brand that is famous for producing salon quality products, the Wahl 7061-100 has given many shavers a run for their money since its launch. The design is ergonomic and clean cut, and all the assortments with it come in a separate pouch. This makes the product ideal for travel as well.
The dual foil technology of this shaver is shockproof housing with a travel lock feature which prevents accidental turning on of the product. You can use the appliance for dry as well as wet shaving, and it only needs to be charged for 45 minutes or less to run for 90 minutes. Additionally, the battery of the device has a quick charge option for when you need to shave fast.
The ergonomic design features of this shaver, like a pivot head for comfortable shaving, a rubber cover on the handle for a no-slip grip, and LED charging light to indicate whether the shaver is charging or not further make it an ideal choice for women. The flex foils of the shaver also adapt to the contours of your legs, so that you get a close shave, every single time.
- Good value for money compared to some other products on this list.
- The device can be used cordlessly and lasts for 90 minutes on one full charge.
- The device is ideal for dry as well as wet shave.
- The rubber grip provides no slip shave.
- The LED display only shows whether the shaver is charging or not. It does not show what the battery levels are.
7. Panasonic ES2207p Electric Shaver
Panasonic is one of the biggest brands out there making home appliances and electronic goods. They incorporate high end technology into all their products to give users the best that is out there. The ES2207P is no exception in that regard. The first thing you will notice about this razor is the simple structure and fabulous design. it is easy to hold and use and that makes it such a dependable razor.
The electric shaver is equipped with hypoallergenic blades which are quite sharp. This means that you get the perfect amalgamation of hygiene and effectiveness with this electric shaver. The pivot head is a great feature which ensures that you can run this shaver on any contour, any part of your body, without any difficulty. It will reach all the nooks and corners and will cut through the smallest bit of hair to give you a clean, smooth shave.
You will also find that this exclusive shaving tool is equipped with a pop-up trimmer which also gives a commendable performance. All in all, this is an amazing shaving tool for women’s legs and armpits. This electric shaver can also be used in wet conditions without any hindrance which makes it even more desirable.
- This is a lightweight shaving tool with an ergonomic design aspect that fits well in your hands and allows you to reach out to all the nooks and corners.
- Blades are layered with hypoallergenic materials which ensure that you can say a hearty goodbye to all cases of skin irritation arising from shaving delicate areas.
- The blades are skillfully engineered to give the best cuts.
- The battery life of this shaving tool is not up to the mark.
8. Panasonic ES2291DT Wet Dry Shaver
Of the many electric shavers and razors out there, the Panasonic ES2291DT has made a great name for itself. It is a superior option if you are looking for a shaver cum trimmer tool for your delicate regions. The body of this shaver is not very different from other Panasonic shavers. The rubberized handle adopts an ergonomic design which ensures that you always have a good grip on the tool. Thus, you can never go wrong with your shaving operations as this shaver is very less likely to slip off your hands.
The head of this shaver is laid on a pivot. This ensures that the head can fit into or access any bodily contour so that you can get the cleanest of shaves. Once you have run this shaver on your legs or armpits you do not have to worry about hair for some time to come.
You also get a pop-up trimmer attached to this shaver that makes shaving a very comfortable experience. You can run this shaver by means of a battery and that is a really good feature in any shaving tool as it gives you an independence of movement. The electric shaver is also quite reasonably priced compared to all the exclusive features it is loaded with.
- You can conduct both wet as well as dry shaving operations with this tool.
- Blades are coated with hypo allergens that remove the possibility of irritation in the delicate regions of your body.
- This tool will take considerable time to shave through different regions some times.
9. Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet Dry Epilator
Panasonic manages to keep its name in all the products that they have crafted and the ES-ED90-P Wet Dry Epilator is no exception. It is an amazing shaver tool designed for women’s use. You will find that Panasonic has not changed their accessible design feature with this razor. The ergonomically designed hand grip in this shaver is similar to other Panasonic products and that is indeed a charming detail.
This shaver is lined with a pivot head- this means that it moves according to the contour of your body. This in turn allows you to easily reach out to all the corners of your body and cut through even small bits of hair. Like other Panasonic shavers you will get a pop-up trimmer with this device to aid you in your shaving experience. These are great features that make way for a smooth shaving experience.
A major benefit of the ES-ED90-P is that the pack comes with 6 added accessories. These accessories take the shaving game to a new level. You can now sit back at home and give all the attention that your body needs with these amazing and flexible tools at your disposal.
- The shaver runs on a dual speed mode which helps you take care of your leg hair without any hassle.
- The head of this razor is loaded with 48 closely spaced tweezers tips and this makes way for very close cutting of your hair.
- Blades are made hypo allergenic to reduce chances of allergies, redness, and irritation from using this shaver tool.
- This electric shaver has problems with effective performance over a long period and seems to fail after repeated use.
10. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 570
Philips is a premium brand that crafts all kinds of daily use electronic products. The Norelco 5700 is an excellent unit from their house that is packed with high end functionality. The first and most attractive feature about this electric shaver is the sleek look it puts out. The shaver is designed in such a way that it fits your hands easily and there is no chance of it slipping away. The black body is charming to look at and prepares you for great functions from this shaver.
This tool is loaded with rotary blades. This is highly appreciable because it also comes with a 5D contour system leading the way to the best experience in shaving you will ever have. The device can also run in a turbo mode which has optimized the shaving experience and gives you the best shaves.
You can also tap into such features as “Smart Clean” and “Smart Cut” that makes the shaving experience much easier. You can also get enhanced dry as well as wet performance from this exquisite tool.
- Blade and motor setup work with each other very efficiently to give you close and smooth shaves on all parts of your body.
- Ergonomic design with a 5D contour system makes this an easy to hold, easy to run shaving tool for women.
- This is a cordless shaver that needs to be charged from time to time and has superior charging features.
- Material used to craft this electric shaver may have a cheap feel.
What Do I Need to Know When Choosing an Electric Razor?
With the sheer number of products available in the market – both online and offline – it can be daunting to pick the right model for you.
Here are some of the factors you should keep in mind when deciding which razor to choose:
There are a lot of appliances that come with tons of bells and whistles and will break your bank if you get seduced by them. But you probably won’t end up using most of the complicated features, if all you want to do is shave your legs.
Therefore, it is worth making a list of the features that you want and what your budget is. Then, you can look for something that checks both the boxes. This approach is better than randomly picking something that costs a fortune and has the features you are never going to use anyway.
Having said that, please note that since you are looking for an electric shaver for legs, the price range is already a bit on the steeper side. So, it’s advisable to choose a model that hits the right balance between pricing and features, and can also be used for other regions besides your legs.
2. Battery life
Most of the electric shavers will come with at least an hour of battery power for uninterrupted shaving. But it is also a function of the model, brand, and the price you are willing to pay.
You should pick a model that, at the very least, provides you a complete shave without needing any charging in between. If you are willing to shell out more cash, you can also find some models that can give you several shaves before they need charging. Additionally, some shavers also have a feature of doing a quick charge for one shave.
Other factors that are also worth considering: a battery indicator that lets you know when you need to plug in the shaver, automatic shutoff when the battery is full to prevent damage to the battery, and the battery life in terms of years.
3. Cleaning maintenance
Most shaving razors have an automatic cleaning option. The device will come with a brush that will clean out the razor without any extra effort on your part. If you are paying a hefty sum for your chosen model, it is worth checking out what the cleaning mechanism is.
It is also worth paying a little extra for an efficient cleaning system, as this will save you tons of time and energy over the years. As a woman, you are aware how tedious cleaning a shaving equipment can be. Therefore, it is recommended to get a razor that takes this particular task off your hands, even if it means going a little over your budget.
4. Blades and ergonomics
The blades of a shaver are one of the most important parts of it – and yet, not every model out there has managed to hit the nail on the head for this one. Women’s skin is sensitive, and so, the blades of a razer need to be especially refined so not to damage it when shaving. Make sure you pick a model that is vouched for, as poor blade design can really affect your shaving experience quite terribly.
On the other hand, is ergonomics – a word often used frivolously, but hardly ever implemented properly. When looking for a razor, make sure that it is comfortable enough to hold in your hand for a long time, so that it does not make your wrist feel tires. Moreover, a rubber grip is recommended as it will prevent slipping of the device when your hands are wet.
Warranties are an absolute must when picking electrical appliances of any kind. This is why you should always go with a reputable brand that provides at least one year of warranty for the razor.
Types of Electric Razors
Electric razors can be broadly classified into three categories:
1. Foil Razors
These devices come with a metal foil or mesh that forms a thin covering on the blades. When you move the razor over your skin, the hair pokes through the mesh and is cut by the blade underneath. They can provide quite a good close shave.
It is harder to adapt the head of these razors to the contours of your legs, as they only work in straight lines. Most of the devices available in the market fall under this category.
2. Rotary Blade Shavers
These devices are made up of three of four spinning heads that have a blade underneath a finely crafted grid. The heads glide over the skin and cut the hair. These shavers are specially designed to glide easily over the curves of your body, as they need to be used in a rotary manner.
These devices do not provide a shave as close as the foil razors. However, they do have two advantages over the latter: they are easier to clean, and do not make as much noise as the foil razors.
Epilators are an entirely different kind of razor. Even though they do have a motor, they are not used for cutting hair. Instead, they have a set of tiny tweezers that pull out the hair from the skin, right at the roots. These devices can provide you a close shave in small areas as well, such as underarms and bikini line, besides your legs.
Here are some tested epilators for brazilian you can check out!
It should be noted that epilators are much more painful and work slower than razors. However, they do need to be used less frequently – about once every week. They are also more expensive than traditional razors and shavers.
Another category of shavers is wet vs dry. There is not much difference between the two, except that you can use a wet shaver in the shower, but not a dry one. Both the shavers essentially shave by lifting and cutting the hair by using an oscillating head for the cutting, however, it is not recommended to use an electric shaver in the bath.
How to shave legs with an electric shaver?
For shaving your legs with a shaver, follow these steps:
1. For dry shaving
First clean the skin with warm, soapy cloth. Then, rinse out the cloth and rub your legs with it, starting from the ankle and working your way upwards. This will soften your skin and raise the hairs, making it easier for the shaver to catch them.
Then, make sure your legs are dry by patting them with a towel. Now turn on the shaver and shave from the ankle upwards, against the direction of growth of the hair. Follow this process for both legs.
After you are done shaving, make sure you apply a soothing skin lotion to calm down the irritated skin.
2. For wet shaving
Before you step into the shower, make sure the water is warm. Then, wipe down your legs with a soapy washcloth and rinse away the soap. Now cover your leg with shower foam or gel, and start shaving from ankles upwards, against the direction of growth of the hair.
Keep adding foaming gel as you shave new sections and keep removing the shaved hair. After you are done, rinse your legs with water and pat the skin dry without rubbing. Make sure you use a hydrating moisturizer afterwards.
How to prepare legs for shaving?
Here’s how you should prepare your legs for shaving:
1. For dry shaving:
Make sure your legs are washed with warm water and a gentle soap beforehand. Rinse them thoroughly and make sure they are dry. This washing and drying action will make the hair soft and your skin pliable – ensuring a smooth, easier shave.
You can rinse your skin section by section as you shave and use a patting motion for drying. Make sure you use a clean towel as well, so that there is no residue on your skin when you shave.
2. For wet shaving:
First, wash your legs with warm water and soap that is gentle on the skin. Now, apply a small amount of shaving gel to the skin and gently lather it. This will lift up the hair and make it easier for the blade to catch them.
You can keep applying the shower gel or foaming lotion as you keep shaving section to section. This will keep the skin stay lubricated the entire time.
Other tips worth considering to prepare your legs for a shave include: exfoliation before shaving to remove dead skin and other debris, using alcohol free shower gels, and using moisturizer afterwards to avoid skin irritation, itching, rashes, etc.
Shaving Technique and Skin Care Tips
- Use foams and gels to clean your skin before shaving to get a smooth and gentle shave.
- When dry shaving, use a pre-shave lotion or powder. DO not use them when wet shaving, though.
- You can also try exfoliating your skin before shaving to ensure there is no residue on it.
- Ensure the razor blades are well lubricated and clean.
- If the blades are blunt, make sure you replace them. Blunt blades can cause cuts and bruises, and cuts from rusted blades can cause tetanus and other problems as well.
- Make sure you use a light-handed motion for shaving, otherwise you are likely to bruise the skin.
- Use straight lines for shaving when using foil razors, and rounded motions when using rotary shavers.
- Make sure you always shave against the natural direction of hair growth.
- Minimize the number of times the razor goes over an area to avoid skin irritation.
Post Shave Care
- Wash your legs with cold water after you are done to get rid of any shaved hair, or residues of gel, lotion, powder or foam. This will also close the irritated pores of your skin.
- Use a moisturizer, alcohol-free balm, or non-perfumed aftershave balm afterwards to soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Do not wear tight-fitted clothes immediately after shaving.
1. Are Men’s Electric Razors Better than Women’s?
That is not necessarily true. There are good products available for both men and women. Some women prefer men’s shavers as they provide a closer shave than women’s shavers. But it should be noted that they are also harsher on the skin.
2. Can I Shave My Legs with an Electric Razor?
Yes, you can. You will find many electric shavers and razors marketed towards women. You can read testaments from women all over the world that electric shaving is perfectly safe for women.
3. But, can a Woman Use a Man’s Electric Shaver?
Yes, you can. In fact, since men’s electric shavers are designed to cut away their thick and unruly hair, they provide a closer shave than women’s shavers. That is why, more women are now choosing men’s shavers.
4. Can a Woman Use a Men’s Electric Razor on Legs?
Yes, you can use a men’s electric shaver on your legs. It should be noted that these shavers can be a bit harsh, so unless you have super sensitive skin, it is perfectly safe to use them on your legs.
5. What’s the Difference Between Men’s and Women’s Electric Razors?
Since men have coarser and more thick hair, their razors are more efficient than women’s, and can provide a closer shave. Additionally, the results of the shave also last much longer when you use a men’s electric shaver. However, the downside is that they are harsher on the skin.
6. Are Women’s Razors Cheaper than Men’s?
Yes, you will be surprised to know that women’s shavers are cheaper than men’s razors. This may be because the latter need a lot more attachments and need to be sturdier and finer to cut away men’s coarse and thick hair.
7. Can You Use Electric Razor in Your Pubic Area?
Yes, you can use an electric razor in your pubic hair. However, make sure you cut away the hair to a quarter of an inch length, so that the razor can catch them easily. This way, you won’t get any razor bumps either.
Additionally, you can opt for specially designed electric razors that are meant for use in pubic area. They have ergonomic designs that make it easier to handle them, and also come with rotating heads that will make it easy for you to each the hard-to-reach areas.
8. Can You Use an Electric Razor in The Shower?
Yes, you can use an electric razor in the shower if it is a wet model, that is, it is designed to be used both outside and inside the water.
9. Do Men’s Razors Give a Closer Shave?
Yes, men’s razors do give a closer shave. They are designed for men’s thicker hair, so they tend to cut closer to the skin, providing a shave that is closer and longer-lasting.
10. Are More Blades Better?
No, that is not necessarily true. As long as your blades are sharp, 4 are as good as 5. More blades only mean that they won’t need to be replaced often enough.
11. What Are the Best Men’s Electric Razor to Buy?
The list curated above contains some of the best models for you to consider. Philips, Panasonic, Braun, and Wahl have launched some of the best men’s electric shavers over the years.