Broadcast rights to Major League Soccer, Premier League, English Football League, La Liga, Ligue 1, FIFA and dozens of other national and international football leagues and tournaments have been distributed to many different broadcasters.
If you’re watching football live and want the best coverage available, here are the broadcast rights to the matches, the channels you need to access and the best way to access them.
What is the best place to stream football?
Football or association football is one of the most popular sports in the world. There are major and minor leagues in the United States, but many other countries have highly competitive international leagues and leagues, competitions, and tournaments.
Due to the great worldwide popularity of football, the vivid image of this sport is extremely complex. Dozens of broadcasters around the world own at least some of the rights to soccer. Broadcasters with the most football rights in English in the United States:
- ESPN: This broadcaster owns the rights to most soccer games in the United States. Some games will be broadcast via the ESPN+ internet streaming service. Contracts include Major League Soccer, US Open Cup, USL Championship, National Women’s Soccer League, FIFA Qualifiers, Bundesliga, La Liga, Copa del Rey, Liga MX (some games), and more.
- beIN Sports – This network also owns the rights to some of the major football streaming offerings, including Ligue 1, Coupe de France, FIFA World Cup qualifiers, Copa Libertadores, African Cup of Nations, the CAF Champions League and more.
- FOX Sports: FOX owns the rights to many major games, including the FIFA World Cup Finals and the FIFA Women’s World Cup Finals. Other rights include Major League Soccer, Liga MX (some games), and Serie B.
- NBC Sports: NBC Universal owns the broadcast rights to the English Premier League. English Premier League matches are also broadcast on NBC Peacock and US networks.
- CBS Sports / Paramount+: CBS Sports owns the rights to the UEFA Champions League, Europa League and AFC Asian Cup. You can watch Europa League matches on Paramount+ and you can find league-specific matches on CBS Sports Network. AFC Asian Cup events are held exclusively on Paramount+.
ESPN is by far the winner when it comes to the number of leagues and tournaments it rates, while CBS Sports and service Paramount+ are gaining ground.
FOX Sports also owns the rights to extremely popular and important games, especially the FIFA World Cup in its entirety.
Live Football Streaming on ESPN and ESPN +
If you just want to watch a few live football broadcasts and don’t need access to everything, ESPN gives you access to more games than most other broadcasters. ESPN broadcasts 해외축구 중계사이트matches in the United States as well as many international competitions.
Cable subscribers can watch live football broadcasts on Watch ESPN without paying other than the regular bill. Cable cutters can access ESPN through a number of streaming services.
ESPN + is a separate service. It’s available through Watch ESPN, but you can’t access it automatically as part of your cable subscription.